2. The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the famil nothing but leftovers. The original mal has never been found. - writier/humorist Calvin Trillin
3. Becoming a mothers makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolute. - write Charlotte E. Gray
4. For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among twn children and each child still have all her love. - Anonymous
5. Mothers, food, love and career - the four major guilt groups. - cartoonist Cathy Guisewite
6. A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car foreer after. - writie Peter DeVries
7. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. - Irish Proverb
8. You go to work when you're sick, maybe even clinically depressed, because motherhood is perhaps the only unpaid position where failure to show up can result in arrest. - writer Mary Kay Blakely
9. Worse than just about anything else is the agonizing issue of how on earth anyone can bring a child into this world knowing full well that he or she is eventually going to have to go through the seventh and eighth grades. - writer Anne Lamott
From the Mom dictionary:
Hindsight: Perspective gained from changing innumerable diapers.
Geniuses: Your kids.
Racket:Sound produced by two or more boys above the age of 8.
Show-offs: Other peoples' kids.
Theoretical Mothers: Speedy exception is the mother of good fortune. - Proverb
- Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles. - write Samuel Smiles
- Motherhood. What is it but high stress 24/7, no pay, no holidays, and in the end everything is your damn fault.
- You're going to poke your eye out with that thing!
- This is going to end in tears.
- I'm going to give you until the count of three. One...two...
What all Mothers know:
- Quiet does not necessarily mean good.
- A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.
- You never turn on the oven without looking inside first.